Dear authors and readers of JES: RP. SpringerOpen is our new publishing partner. Our new system is now open for manuscript submission and this site will be closed. Please use the new Editorial Manager site http://jeos.springeropen.com/ for submissions of manuscripts.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The work is genuine and its publication does not infringe any existing copyright. The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in PDF format and figures are embedded in the document. Animations are prepared according to Author Guidelines.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- Upon publication the authors pay for articles up to 6 pages a mandatory standard publication fee which is 350 Euros (plus 24% VAT if applicable) if the corresponding author is an EOS full or branch member and 400 Euros net (plus 24% VAT if applicable) for others. Additional charges may also apply as outlined in the Instructions for authors document. If you are not a member of EOS you might wish to join the society to save on publication charges.
- You must include a list of possible referees (at least four, with their e-mail addresses and organisations) for your manuscript with your submission, as it may help shorten the time to publication. Potential referees should be experts in your subject area but not close colleagues or collaborators. We would encourage you to include younger researchers who may be less established, but who have sufficient knowledge to act as effective referees.
The copyright of the article and the work published therein belong fully to the authors. The authors agree to grant EOS a limited and non-exclusive right to publish the work in JEOS:RP and that they do not authorise the publication of the scientific material contained in the article for a period of one year. It is the responsibility of the authors to ensure that the work that is submitted for publication in JEOS:RP does not infringe copyright of any sort. Upon submission the authors need to state (via a checkbox) that the work is genuine and its publication does not infringe any existing copyright. Upon publication the authors need to sign a Memorandum of agreement that is a legal document summarising the legal status of their article.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.